Whats Happening at South?

Whats Happening at South?

Nina Dorighi, Journalist

What will the rest of the year look like? 

As everyone knows we have transitioned to a quarter system. As of now, there are plans to move to a in-person class hybrid option sometime in February. Students will have would have to option to join in in-class learning or remain online. All students would be split up by the last name and come to school two days out of the week. If you are split into cohort A you would go to school Tuesday and Wednesday. If you are in cohort B you will go to school on Thursday and Friday and cohort C will just stay online. It will be the same quarter schedule, 8:30 to 12: 40 with school off on Mondays. If you are attending in personal class, you must wear a mask.

Sports/ activities

• There will be a Spring Musical this year through livestream performance. Auditions are due February 1st in which you have to send a clip of you singing a song to Mrs. Patterson, Dr. Rinaldi, and Mr. Craig
  • There will be a dance season this year beginning on January 12 and ending on February 12. It is a virtual meeting with the code shsdance team with practices Tuesday thru Friday from 2:30-3:30
  • Though the winter season was unable to happen in earlier months, there will be registration for season B sports like wrestling, basketball, cheer, and girls Swim and Dive ending on January 1st. The official start to this season is January 18. Make sure you have a current physical on file with south athletics office, completed online registration, and the completed online pay to play fee included to register. If you need a physical, you can go into the south now and get one. 
  • As far as the spring season some sports like soccer and track are beginning with preseason and have an official start to the season should be happening sometime in May.