Dear Navi

April 25, 2018

Dear Navi,

Senior year sucks. I have lost all of my motivation in my classes, and am struggling to even get out to the bed in the morning. I seem to fall asleep every class period, and am always getting caught looking at my phone. My grades are still okay, but I can feel my grip slipping. All I ever think about is graduating, and I find it really hard to focus on finishing the year strong. What advice do you so that I can finish this school year on a good note, and not collapse and ditch every day.

Thanks,

Scared Senior

Dear Scared Senior,

Staying in bed may sound like the best thing to do right about now, but there is more to be done. There are about 20 or less days left in the school year, and as the days wind down, senior check-out and graduation grow nearer. The finish line is right around the bend, it is time to buckle down and focus on the tasks at hand. Make sure to have fun and take your mind off of school as much as you can; however, while at school make sure to finish strong and encourage yourself to make it to the end of the day. Fake it ‘till you make it, right? Try to make the best of your last few weeks of school; they should be weeks full of relaxation, excitement, and fun aside from the obvious school flow. The days will go by faster than you think, just persevere through the adversity; it will all pay off in the end. Do not throw out all of the hard work and time that you put into this year because it is too hard to continue on. Life will be hard, nothing is going to be handed to you, the goal is to fight through it and prove to yourself that you can make it through difficult times. Find things that you enjoy to do and work them into your schedule. Find activities that you can look forward to. Find a time that you can unwind and rest. Fight to the end; and be strong. Graduation is around the corner. Don’t stop short, finish the race, and go out with a bang.

Sincerely,

Navi