Dear Navi

February 5, 2018

Dear Navi,

So, I have this sister right? We used to always bicker and fight. But as we have gotten older, things have gotten better, or so I thought. Lately, I have been forced to spend time with her nonstop and I feel like I can’t get away. She is always interrupting me, being rude, and calling me mean names. My parents always take her side and never back me up. I also asked her to help me on an assignment that was really important to me. It was the only way to get my teacher to really see my full potential and finally start to like me. Well guess what ended up happening? She flaked out on me. Now I’m worried that the assignment won’t be as good and that my teacher will continue to hate me. Please help me!

Sincerely,

A nervous and angry junior.

Well Nervous and Angry Junior,

I am so sorry to hear about your sibling debacle. Maybe you should become a lone wolf, or a lone alligator. Having a sibling is always hard. I’m sure she is just as frustrated with you as you are with her. I know it’s hard to admit when you are wrong or to confront your sister. But what’s the worst that can happen (well, besides the two of you ripping each other’s hair out)? Nothing will be resolved if you both stay silent and angry. I don’t want to tell you how to live your life, but maybe if you just stopped hanging out with your sister so much, and hang out with friends instead, you wouldn’t get so irritated with her. And I’m sure you have heard this many, many times, but I bet the older you get the closer you will become, us alligators don’t have such luxury.

As for your teacher, maybe just ask a parent for help, or do it yourself. I have no idea who you are but I am confident that you will do great. In the wild, you won’t have you sister to rely on. So it’s best to adapt and learn how to take care of yourself and your assignments. Self care is the key…I think.

Sincerely,

Navi