South Wrestling Update

December 22, 2017

The South high wrestling team is well on their way into the 2017-2018 season. Thursday night the JV and Varsity participated in a Tri meet with TJ and Far Northeast. The team was outstanding during the meet including the girls on the team. Saturday the boys and the girls had separate meets to attend.

The girls headed to EagleCrest high school to complete in an ALL girls meet. Female wrestlers Federica “Fede Wap” Loglio, Tia “ The Terror” Karkos, Muniratu “Muni” Tanko, and Marietou “TuTu” Atore parciate. The boys headed to Columbine high school in Littleton for their match. The boys had an all day tournament that included teams for Denver, Aurora, and Weld county. Players wrestled to place 5th and up within their weight class. Wrestlers Daniel Lopez (senior) and Roberto “Cookie” Lopez(junior) both placed in their group, Daniel with 5th place and Cookie in 3rd.

Top wrestlers to look out for this season are Zach Herrera (106), Guillermo Cardenas (132), Oswaldo “Ozzie” Coronel (170), and Roberto “Cookie” Lopez (220). Zach Herrera, Guillermo Cardenas, and Max Daniels are outstanding as the only freshman wrestling on the varsity team. Saturday January 6th, 2018, the team will be hosting their annual Rebel Invite. Be sure to come and check out all the wrestlers in the remaining 9 matches in the season not including league and regionals.