Trump’s Travel Ban

October 11, 2017

Trump has recently banned some places to travel which are mostly in the eastern southern parts of the world. Some places that have been banned are:

• Chad
  • Iran
  • Libya
  • North Korea
  • Somalia
  • Syria
  • Venezuela
  • Yemen

Trump originally banned ten countries but has recently released two. Sudan was one of the countries that has been removed from ban. This resulted from the U.S government sharing new security requirements with countries back in July. With that, some nations agreed to share more information regarding terrorism attacks. Another country that has been removed from this ban is Iraq. Although travel from Iraq was originally banned along with 7 other nations that have majority-Muslim populations in January, it was dropped when a revised list of 6 nations was issued in March. According to US authorities, the main reason for the bans of these 8 different countries is because they do not “cooperate” well with the United States. In addition, these countries can give us a higher risk of terrorist attacks. This affects the US because we have so many immigrants from so many different countries including those banned , which

causes people to not be able to see their families or go home. This can also affect researchers and journalists for work purposes, such as research and documentaries that require travel. Along with this banned travel, there is much more racism and much more segregation between a lot of different races. This is important because it can cause a collapse of our civilization, and we won’t be able to become a peaceful country nor an equal community.